As we prepare for the new year, many businesses are considering whether they should change their payroll services partner in 2021. Outsourcing your payroll services can offer some much-needed flexibility so you can keep the focus on your customers, while also providing the right kind of attention and care for your employees.
Finding the right payroll services partner means finding someone who will make sure several crucial tasks will be done on time and in compliance with the appropriate state laws – ensure your employees get paid, your payroll taxes are collected and paid, and payroll tax forms are filed.
As you conduct your search for a new payroll partner, it’s important to know the types of questions you need to be asking, such as:
- How long does it take to set up my service and run the first payroll?
- What do you do to ensure my information is kept safe and secure?
- Are there additional fees for employee payroll when making additions or changes?
- Are there any additional fees for filing taxes in multiple states?
- If you make a mistake, are you liable, and how long would it take to fix that mistake?
There are various other tasks your payroll services partner can also tend to, from handling direct deposits to tracking employee time. And the more automated these services, the more efficient and more accurate they can be as they reduce the risk of human error entering the process.
If you’re considering changing your payroll services in 2021 or contemplating outsourcing them in the coming year, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at Padgett. You can trust our payroll program to manage your payroll needs, minimizing the risk of penalties and easing the process so you can keep your focus on your customers. Reach out to our team today.